In 1870 Kalmar Bobbin, what later would become Elfverson & Co, was founded by a German named Pappenhagen. The company produced thread reels which were exported mainly to Germany and England. A few years later the company was purchased by a business man in Kalmar, who in turn sold it to Karl Elfverson in 1894. In 1912 the company was moved to Påryd, where it has been since.

                              The factory, 2007

In 1916 Karl Elfverson passed away and left the firm to his son Fritz. Five years later the factory was destroyed by a fire and the company declared bankrupt. This however didn't put an end to Elfverson & Co. Fritz Elfverson, together with Ernst Gullbrandson, decided to reopen the factory and did so 1922. Three generations of the Elfversons would come to own the company until 1978, when it was sold to the Hexagon group.

Since the early 1990's the company is owned by Vätterledens Invest AB.

Elfverson & Co is the world leader in the production of high quality wooden tops for corks . Our tops are used by almost all the largest groups in the spirits industry.